Vancouver Shipyards Facilities
- 3m (270 ft.) long x 21.3m (70 ft.) wide
- Lift capacity of 1150 tons
- 259m (850 ft.) of water berth
- 168m (551 ft.) long x 24m (78 ft.) wide = 4000m2 or 43,000 sq. ft.
- 4000m2 or 43,000 sq. ft.
- Five overhead bridge cranes ( One 12-tonne; One 2-tonne; Three 10-tonne)
- Computer controlled plasma cutting machine
- Computer controlled robotic profile line
- 170m (557 ft.) long x 28m (91 ft.) wide = 4760m2 or 51,218 sq. ft.
- Three overhead bridge cranes (two 23-tonne & one 9-tonne) Panel Line
- One-sided submerged arc plate
- Panel cutting, layout and marking
- Stiffener fitting
- Stiffener welding
- Six stations for installation of web frames, girders, bulkheads, etc.
- 130m (426 ft.) long x 14m (46ft.) wide = 1820m2 or 19,583 sq. ft.
- 1000T plate press
- 1000T press brake
- 400T press brake
- 500T stiffener forming
- 44m (8 ft.) plate rolls
Block Assembly Shop
- 130m (426 ft.) long x 30m (98 ft.) wide = 1820m2 or 19,583 sq. ft.
- 3900m2 or 42,000 sq. ft.
- Two 40T overhead cranes, each with two 40T trolleys
- Two 15T overhead cranes
- 180m (590 ft.) long x 29m (95 ft.) wide = 5220m2 or 56,167 sq. ft.
- Five 5-tonne overhead cranes (one per pre-outfitting shop)
- Two 15-tonne overhead cranes (one each for the mechanical & piping bays)
- Block Outfitting – five bays to install pipe, ventilation and electrical systems with overhead cranes
- Module Construction – two bays for installation of outfit components onto structural frameworks
Repair Blast & Paint Shop
- 76m (249 ft.) long x 26.2m (86 ft.) wide = 2000 m2 or 21,520 sq. ft.
- Environmentally controlled (heated & ventilated) blast and paint facility capable of completely enclosing a wide range of vessels and barges
- Can accommodate vessels up to 75m (246 ft.) in length and 22m (72 ft.) in height
New Construction Blast & Paint Shop
- 60m (197 ft.) long x 46m (151 ft.) wide = 2760m2 or 29,700 sq. ft.
- Two separate blast/paint areas
- Steel grit vacuum and elevator recovery system
- Dedicated dust collection systems
- Four paint positions
300T Gantry Crane
- 80m (262 ft.) high x 76m (249 ft.) wide
- Hook height: 70m (230 ft.)
- Bridge span: 76m (249 ft.)
- 2 hooks, each with capacity of 100 tonnes
- Lower trolley has 1 central hook with capacity of 150 tonnes
- 240m (787 ft.) x 27.4m (90 ft.) x 16m (52.5 ft.)
- The 300T gantry crane spans the pre-erection and erection areas.
- Towline installation, repairs and maintenance
- All types of wire cable installations
- Lifting device testing
- Onboard ship testing of davits, slings, cables, etc.
- 1742m2 or 18,744 sq. ft.
- 2 Shaft Lathes
- One up to 26 ft.
- One up to 40 ft.
- 3 Smaller Engine Lathes
- 1 Horizontal Milling Machine
- 2 Vertical Milling Machines