Seaspan is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct in all its dealings with employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve. We embrace business practices that create long-term value and enhance our reputation for honesty, integrity and safety.
Seaspan’s Core Values are Safety, Care, Efficiency and Accountability. It is essential that Seaspan and our employees live these values on a daily basis. The purpose of our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Policy is to clearly identify the expected standards of behaviour, conduct and business ethics which support these Core Values in our daily work.
We provide this portal to help employees put ethics into action.
Report an incident online
Report a workplace incident or issue that is in violation of our ethical code.
Review submitted incident
To monitor progress on a submitted incident, log in with your report number and password.
Prefer a person?
Who is Convercent?
Convercent is our ethics reporting partner. They provide an easy-to-use and confidential hotline and incident reporting system for all of The Washington Companies.
What should I report here?
- This is NOT AN EMERGENCY SERVICE. Immediate threats to life and property should be reported to 911 or local emergency responder.
- Not everything is an ethical violation.
- Contact Human Resources if your incident is not an ethical violation.
What are the types of ethical incidents?
- Accounting/Audit Related Complaints or Concerns
- Bribery and Kickbacks
- Expense Reporting (Expense Reimbursement Scheme)
- Gifts and Entertainment
- Information Security
- Intellectual Property
- Quality Concerns
- Safety Concerns
- Sexual Harassment
- Theft (Financial & Other)
- Unprofessional Behaviour
- Unusual or Suspicious Activities
- Vendor Concerns
- Violation of Industry-Specific Standards of Conduct
- Workplace Violence
Who will see the incident report?
Will my call or incident report remain anonymous?
Convercent provides three options to suit the level of confidentiality you require.
- Remain completely anonymous:
You will not reveal your name or contact information to Seaspan, The Washington Companies or our ethics reporting partner. Your identity is completely protected on the incident report.
- Remain anonymous toward organization:
You are comfortable revealing your name and contact information to our ethics reporting partner, but not to Seaspan or The Washington Companies. This partner may contact you confidentially to gather additional information, but will not reveal your identity at any time to Seaspan.
- Share my name and information:
You do not care about anonymity. You choose to reveal your name and identity to both Seaspan and to our ethics reporting partner.