At Seaspan, our Core Values of Safety, Care, Efficiency and Accountability are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to achieving and maintaining an injury-free and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors, both at our business locations and work sites as well as onboard our vessels. We expect and support all employees to live out Seaspan’s Core Values and deliver on our Health, Safety & Wellness Policy and ensure the wellbeing of themselves and others.
To achieve our Goal, we will:
- Continually demonstrate Safety as one of our Core Values at Seaspan.
- Ensure our employees work in accordance with our Health, Safety & Wellness Policy.
- Empower our employees to place their safety before production.
- Exemplify safety leadership and support positive employee behaviours and actions that ensure safety, health and wellness.
- Provide training, information and tools to enable all employees to work safely and productively.
- Develop and implement effective systems to identify, minimize and manage health and safety exposures in the workplace.
- Strive for continuous improvement by setting meaningful targets and exceeding those targets.
- Meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Promote safety, health and wellness in all aspects of our work and local community.