At Seaspan, we believe in acting local and take great pride in our Core Values of Care and Safety for the environment and the habitat around us in the communities we serve. We acknowledge that our business activities have an impact on the environment within which we operate, and we are fully committed to minimizing this impact by adhering to rigorous environmental standards and related programs. Our policy demonstrates our commitment to care for the environment.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority’s EcoAction Program recognizes a variety of fuel, technology and environmental management options that are eligible to receive discounted harbour due rates. The EcoAction Program promotes emission reduction measures that exceed the current North American Emission Control Area (NA-ECA) requirements adopted under the International Maritime Organization, while vessels operate within Port Metro Vancouver’s jurisdiction. Seaspan’s vessels qualify for the GOLD standard through the dedication to shore power and Green Marine initiatives.
Our Employees, Stakeholders & Customers
- Our Employees are important internal stakeholders. They help us realize the benefits of environmental efficiencies, as well as identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Our External Stakeholders are key to strengthening our environmental strategies and priorities.
- As part of our certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System, our shipyard Customers complete a performance evaluation questionnaire following all repair work on our shipyards – we include an environmental performance question to get feedback on how we are doing.
Our Community, Awareness & Recognition
- We understand that our company operates in environmentally sensitive and populated areas. We respect that the public and community at large is interested in how we are managing our environmental aspects, and we aim to respond to public concerns in the most effective manner. To learn more about Seaspan’s Environmental Stewardship initiatives, click here. To get in touch, please contact us.
- Spills – Prevention and Response
- Energy – Fuel/Electrical Reduction, GHG Reductions
- Waste – Hazardous and Recycling
- Leadership & Community