Ocean-going barges travel between ports in BC, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California and Mexico.
Seaspan offers a diverse fleet of barges ranging in size from 1,500 to 16,000 tons capable of transporting a wide range of bulk cargoes. Our Log Barges and Ocean-Going Barges trade along the west coast of North America.
Fleet Size & Carrying Capacities
- 2 Self Loading Log Barges: 16,000 – 17,000 tonnes (40-50 t Cranes)
- 4 Ocean Trading Barges: 12,000 – 16,000 tonnes
- 6 Coastal Trades Barges: 6,000 – 7,000 tonnes
- 8 Local Trading Barges: 1,500 – 3,800 tonnes
Cargoes Carried Include
- Sand, Gravel, Limerock, Coal
- Gypsum, Shale, Salt
- Pipe, Lumber, Logs
- Paper, Pulp
- Contaminated Soil
- And More