- Coordinates all barge traffic with internal and external customers, ensuring cost effective use of the fleet (matching customer requirements to appropriate Seaspan equipment).
- Reviews all invoices to ensure accuracy in loading/unloading times and rates. Monitors accounts receivables on a weekly basis.
- Issues quotations for contract and non-contract customers.
- Verifies that barge maintenance and repairs are coordinated with the appropriate departments.
- Effectively manages a high volume of non-routine customer requests.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Post secondary Diploma or Degree in Marine, Transportation, Logistics, Business (or equivalent)
Transport Canada Certification Links:
- Canadian University Guide – Business Administration Programs in BC
- The Sauder School of Business (UBC) – Logistics and Transportation Bachelor Program
- CIT School of Transportation – Marine Programs in BC
- BCIT School of Transportation – Marine Programs in BC