- Oversees and organizes efficient operation of assigned fleet. Performs daily problem solving, troubleshooting, operational handling, training and supervision of all seagoing personnel while overseeing crew overtime and deck ordering.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations, ongoing training and assessments while building strong team morale and communication.
- Assists in the continual development of the marine fleet operational policy, standard operating procedures and safe working procedures.
- Prepares vessels and crews for Transport Canada inspection certification under all application Canada Shipping Act regulations.
- Authorizes and monitors deck supplies and stores ordering.
- Conducts post-incident investigations and assessments – Follows up to ensure corrective measures are in place.
- Acts as the Assistant Incident Commander during emergencies and salvage response situations.
- Tugboat Master 500 Ton Certificate (or equivalent) with Masters and/or Senior Officer experience.
Transport Canada Certification Links: