- Handle general marine office administration
- Prepare correspondence and maintain records
- Provide clerical assistance to Marine Personnel Department
- Capture, track and update crew schedules
- Track and ensure expiring DOT medical and certificates are identified – contact employees to have them renewed
- Contact crew member and confirm schedules
- Grade 12 Diploma with courses in Business Administration, General Office Procedures, and Typing
- Schedule and direct vessel crewing (assigning personnel to vessels in agreement with qualifications and Collective Agreement requirements).
- Data input scheduled vacation and leave entitlement, time keeping and other payroll information.
- Maintain proper positive/negative leave balances and record sea time, special duties and crew entries.
- Compile personnel information for files and settle and document minor crew disputes.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Post secondary Certificate or Diploma in Business, with a focus on Personnel OR a Diploma in Human Resources