- Accountable for proactively resolving crewing issues, addressing employee relations and advocating for employees while maintaining operational priorities and collective agreement provisions.
- Has strong working knowledge of scheduling and crewing. Provides clarification, coaching, and timing direction to the Crewing Department, ensuring qualified marine personnel are scheduled to meet operational requirements.
- Demonstrates a strong customer service attitude and has an ability to build relationships, gaining trust and respect through consistent and fair actions.
- Understanding of payroll systems, processes and employee health and welfare plans (disability, entitlement and eligibility).
- Post secondary Diploma or Degree in Marine, Operations, Business Administration or Human Resources
Transport Canada Certification Links:
- Canadian University Guide – Human Resource Programs in BC
- Canadian University Guide – Business Administration Programs in BC
- CIT School of Transportation – Marine Programs in BC