At Seaspan, our Core Values of Safety, Care, Efficiency and Accountability are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to achieving and maintaining an injury-free and healthy workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors, both at our business locations and work sites as well as onboard our vessels. We expect and support all employees to live out Seaspan’s Core Values and deliver on our Safety, Health and Wellness Policy and ensure the wellbeing of themselves and others.
To Achieve our Goal, we will:
- Continually demonstrate safety as one of our Core Values at Seaspan.
- Ensure our employees work by the Principles of our Safety Vision Statement.
- Ensure all employees follow our Life Saving Rules.
- Empower our employees to place their safety before production.
- Exemplify safety leadership and support positive employee behaviors and actions that ensure safety, health and wellness.
- Provide training, information and tools to enable all employees to work safely and productively.
- Develop and implement effective systems to identify, minimize and manage health and safety exposures in the workplace.
- Strive for continuous improvement by setting meaningful targets and exceeding those targets.
- Meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Promote safety, health and wellness in all aspects of our work and local community.
To deliver on our core value of Safety, we will seek out and reduce exposure to injuries, develop safety leadership and continually improve. We will never give up on our goal of achieving and maintaining an injury-free workplace.
Our Vision is Reflected in these Guiding Principles:
- Safety is the responsibility of everyone at Seaspan.
- Working safely and embracing safe behaviours is part of every aspect of our lives.
- Identifying and reducing risk of injury is expected at every level and with every employee.
- As a company we commit to listening, learning, communicating, and acting to reduce the risk of injury.
Our Safety Vision is Alive when we see:
- Leaders articulating our Safety Vision with passion, support, and action.
- Managers setting safety goals, creating safety improvements, and communicating and recognizing the success of their teams.
- Supervisors are role models of safe work behaviours, teaching, supporting and mentoring their teams, and acting on employee safety concerns.
- Employees consistently demonstrating safe behaviours, acting to stop unsafe behaviours, and seeking continuous safety improvements in our workplace.