Marine – Tugboat / Vessel – Cook
- Marine Medical Certificate
- MED A1 – Basic Safety (MEDI 1000)
- Basic Safety Training (MEDI 1500)
- Cooking Certification (or equivalent skill)
- BC Food Safe Level 1
- Supernumerary Requirements (14 days)
What does a Cook do?
- The Cook prepares and serves three meals per day for 7 to 13 crew members.
- Cooks load inventory, put away ship’s stores, and clean /maintain the galley and mess areas.
- Cooks are proficient in using all safety and firefighting equipment on the vessel, all building in safety features, and are familiar with Muster List duties.
- Seaspan Marine Cooks must be members in good standing with the International Long Shore & Warehouse Union (ILWU).
- Seaspan Ferries Cooks must be members in good standing with the Seafarers Internation Union (SIU).
Additional Cook Requirements Include:
- Pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Criminal record check
- Valid passport
Click on Additional Resources: